As someone who dreams big and believes in (and loves) “big splashes” as well as someone who believes in God and His miracles, I love to daydream about big, exciting things that come out of nowhere:
- A lost friend showing up at your door, completely humbled and willing to give friendship, love, and harmony another shot.
- Someone bringing a surprise opportunity for something you are passionate about.
- Someone seeking help with something that you know you can and want to help them with.
- A huge announcement about some new, exciting thing that is coming near you.
- A friend who you have worked with in the past coming to work with you again.
- Just something that makes you really excited.
These are the things I call “big splashes” and as someone who is intrigued by spontaneity, but generally is more of an organized planner, big splashes are very exciting to me. I’m not so much a fan of small surprises, but the big splashes give my stomach butterflies (the good kind).
I believe big splashes are possible in our lives. Often I feel like God gives us big splashes after trials as a way of letting us know everything is going to be okay, perhaps maybe even as a reward for enduring hardships. I believe God rewards obedience.
Obedience is necessary for faith. Faith is necessary to please God (Hebrews 11:6), and if our faith is genuine and true, we will live a lifestyle characterized by righteousness, modeling the example set for us by Jesus Christ. We obey His commands, not because we have to, but because we want to and because we believe in Him and love Him.
God doesn’t promise comfort (John 16:33), you will have trouble, and God doesn’t promise instant change (Hebrews 12:1), it’s more about endurance and perseverance. While we shouldn’t necessarily expect these big splashes in our lives, I do believe they come from God and I do believe He rewards us as His Will desires.
So enjoy the big splashes and make sure that you show gratitude.